ORIGINALLY PRESENTED/RECORDED on 29-05-2019
Scroll down and complete the form to access the download.
This webinar was presented by Mr. Philip Napier-Moore, Renewables Programme Leader, Asia Pacific of Mott MacDonald Ltd
- Floating solar is now becoming a mainstream option for developers
- Costs are falling and installations becoming ever larger
- Technical challenges differ from ground-mounted plants, and require special attention
Five key questions that will be addressed by the webinar:
- What key milestones has the floating solar industry now reached?
- What new opportunities does this progress unlock?
- How can we design against natural hazards affecting floating projects?
- What additional PV module quality requirements apply?
- What other risks and considerations do you need to considered?
About the speaker:
Phil Napier-Moore leads Mott MacDonald’s technical advisory work for solar and wind power in the Asia Pacific region. Supporting plant investors and lenders from the sector’s infancy in 2008, he has overseen technical inputs to more than 9000 MW of projects in Asia, including 250 plants now in operation.
He has directed and managed projects for multilateral agencies, national governments and a large number of private companies, working internationally on low-carbon power projects in 30 countries around the world, in particular within Asia and Europe.
A Chartered Energy Engineer, he obtained his Masters of Engineering from Oxford University.