• Solar PV: from 50kw farm building rooftops to megawatt-scale solar farms
• Integrating solar PV into multi-purpose land-use, for agriculture and biodiversity
• Comparisons with other renewable energy options
• Government development of best-practice guidance for conservation grazing and agricultural grazing in solar farms
• Integration of more temporary and reversible land use into the rural economy
As a senior adviser with the NFU since 2007, Jonathan Scurlock leads a small team on this topical subject area. Dr Scurlock has 25 years’ experience from the university and government research sectors, including energy and climate change policy, plant physiology, biomass energy and a wide range of other renewables. He worked previously on renewable energy with regional and local government in North East England, as well as the US Department of Energy in Tennessee. Educated at Oxford and London Universities, he is a Visiting Research Fellow at the Open University.